How Relationships Australia could help you
Everyone who is in a relationship or cares about their relationships may need assistance at some time to:
- help them deal with problems or difficulties in a relationship
- learn how to improve the relationship
- cope with a relationship that has broken down
- help to change a relationship where there is violence and abuse.
If you are having difficulty in resolving conflicts, and especially if there is violence involved, you can seek the professional assistance of a counsellor. Couples who are able to communicate effectively are more likely to be able to handle conflict constructively. A first step, therefore, might be to attend a course or workshop on communication skills in marriage or a relationship course for couples or parents.
Relationships Australia family violence services include:
- Individual, couple and family counselling, and support.
- Groups for people who have been violated or abused.
- Groups for people who have committed violence or abuse.
If you feel you are in danger call the police or a domestic violence support service in your state or territory.