Rural and Remote Telephone and other Counselling
Telephone counselling is available from the following states and territories:
What to expect
When you call you can expect the following:
- At the first call, our receptionist will determine the best course of action to support you. An appointment can be made for you to speak at a later time with one of our counsellors. It costs nothing to make the initial call to find out what we offer.
- At the agreed appointment time your counsellor will be ready for your call, and will be available to speak for an hour with you, or with you and your partner.
- The counsellor will be exclusively available to you for that hour.
- At the end of the session you will be able to make another appointment with the same counsellor. There will be a negotiated fee for counselling time just as there is with people who come in person for counselling. Fees for counselling vary slightly across different states and territories and are either a fixed rate, or else determined on a sliding scale according to income, and are negotiable.
- There is a fee waiver for people in drought-affected areas who wish to use telephone counselling.
- The counselling is confidential and provided by fully qualified counsellors.
- The service also provides information and can direct callers to other available services and Relationships Australia offices.
Counselling is available in many regional and rural Relationships Australia outlets in every state and territory.