Work and home are two key areas in which one's capacity to develop and manage relationships is vital. Relationship problems is one place often impacts on a person's ability to relate effectively in the other.
Relationships Australia offers a range of workplace services.
Our Employee Assistance Programs, including counselling and other services, can benefit employers and employees by:
- facilitating better communication
- reducing stress
- contributing to a more satisfying workplace
- enhancing workplace harmony and home and family life.
Benefits to employers
Our workplace services can lead to, a happier and productive workplace. More specifically: they can result in
- reductions in staff turnover (with associated cost benefits)
- reduced absenteeism
- less disciplinary action
- fewer workplace accidents and related claims
- more inclusive decision-making.
Benefits to employees
Staff members may learn new ways of coping with difficulties in relating to colleagues and managers at work.
If an element of home life is the core of the problem, we can explore issues such as:
- family violence
- emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- separation and divorce
- loss and grief
- adjustment to major life transitions such as children leaving home.
Employees attend sessions voluntarily . Their issues/concerns are addressed in a confidential manner.
Employee Assistance Programs are currently offered around the country.
Other workplace services
Services other than individual counselling may include group counselling/debriefing, seminars on stress management, managing work/life balance and other topics of interest to management and staff.
Contact the Relationships Australia office nearest you for information.